It is often beneficial for a patient to have a massage prior to a chiropractic adjustment.
Currently our licensed massage therapists offer a one-hour deep tissue massage. This type of massage is designed to reach the deep parts of thick muscles, specifically the individual muscle fibers. It consists of slower strokes and more pressure than Swedish massage. Its purpose is to separate muscle fibers and release toxins and deeply held patterns of tension.
If you only have a little bit of time, try out a chair massage. The therapist can focus on an area you specify, for the amount of time you want (10 minute increments).
There are many benefits:
- Increases circulation, so the body can pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and organs
- Stimulates the flow of lymph, the body's natural defense system against toxins
- Relaxes and softens injured and overworked muscles
- Reduces spasms and cramping
- Increases joint flexibility
- Improves range of motion
- Relieves the pain of migraine headaches
- And countless others!